Running a small business that relies on word of mouth and referrals can be tough. Your resources are limited, and there’s always the struggle to get your name out to potential customers so they know who you are and what you do. One way you can create buzz is through social media. Social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram have seen a significant rise in popularity these last few years. This makes social media a great avenue for small businesses.
Also, social media is accessible to every person with an Internet connection – so that certainly can’t hurt! But how does a small business make use of this effective marketing tool? Here are ten social media hacks any small business can use to get noticed:
- Utilize Instagram’s “Stories” feature to give followers a behind-the-scenes look at your business.
- Use Facebook’s “Events” feature to promote upcoming sales or events.
- Use Instagram’s “Live” feature to host Q&A sessions or product demonstrations.
- Use Twitter’s “Poll” feature to engage followers and gather feedback.
- Collaborate with other small businesses in your industry to expand your reach.
- Use Instagram’s “IGTV” feature to create longer-form videos and share tutorials or product demos.
- Utilize Facebook and Instagram’s “Shoppable Posts” feature to allow customers to purchase products directly from your posts.
- Use hashtags on Instagram and Twitter to increase visibility of your posts.
- Create and share infographics, videos, and other visually appealing content on social media platforms.
- Utilize paid social media advertising to reach a larger audience and drive traffic to your website.
For small businesses, social media can be a powerful tool for marketing your products and services. Social media has the potential to help you reach millions of people, so use the above ten social media hacks to turn your brand into a flourishing business.