How Packaging Affects Purchase Decisions
HOW PACKAGING AFFECTS PURCHASE DECISIONS
Agree or not, outer beauty captures our minds first, the rest of the other attributes are considered later. This fact is equally applicable to the world of business. In a day and age, the fate of products in the consumer markets largely depends upon the way they are represented.
The organizations spend lavishly on the research of package designs to influence the buying decisions of the audience. Marketers create beautiful designs so that customers can romance the brand and never plan a switch.
Product Packaging is a sort of a trap to lure the customers. It is an important revenue-booster, which has nothing to do with the quality and benefits of the product.
Whatever looks good on the shelf is sure to deliver wonderful results. Our minds are trained this way and simply refuse to go beyond this perception.
Benefits of Professionally Designed Product Packaging
- Winning is guaranteed when a product is packaged in attractive shapes and designs. This makes your brand stand out in the crowd.
- A dynamic look to your brand speaks highly of the quality and workability of a brand. Customers are easily convinced of the standards and value of the products. They are assured of receiving a rich experience.
- Excellent packaging builds a special connection with the customers. They feel more emotionally attached.
- Packaging to the heights of perfection helps creating an ultimate brand identity. Customers feel convenient in finding the brand from the pool.
- A marvellously-wrapped product gladdens customer hearts and they show an inclination to purchase it.
- Effective packaging promises to offer supreme performance grade.
- Typography and color scheme isolate a well-packaged product as ‘incredible’ in all respects. A correct amalgamation of creative elements helps a product to maintain its top spot in the market.
Impacting Customer Behaviour
Several studies have produced results showing that the aesthetic appearance of a product, such as color mix, arrangement of information, font size and contrast, control customer behaviours in the market. It is understood that customers do not think twice while purchasing goods which are packaged smartly. The good looks alone increase the time spent on the respective product and stimulate quick buying decisions.
Visually pleasing products get off the stock at a staggering pace which comes as a good news for the manufacturers. The hike in sales leads to a sharp surge in revenue, which encourages vertical growth of a business.
Factors to Keep in Mind While Packaging a Product
- Easy Usage: The purpose behind packing a product attractively is to rope in more customers. However, customers aren’t so mad about outward appearance that they consider the ease of use a ‘no’ issue. Customers give huge preference to the easiness while utilizing the product. If a product is beautiful, but difficult to use, it will fail to win the hearts.
- Hygiene: The next in line factor is safety and hygiene. People like products which are packed while maintaining the highest level of safety and hygiene. A wonderful packaging loses all the meaning when the product looks filthy and germ-ridden.
- Storage: Packaging that makes storage a cause of worry has no good points. Customers deeply appreciate creative packaging, but are reluctant to buy an item with storage constraints.
- Consumer Information: No matter how innovative is the packaging, unless the customers are well satisfied with the product information on the pack, they would not be keen in investing their money on it. Information like calories, ingredients, instructions to use, etc., must definitely be mentioned on the pack for consumer benefits.